Friday, October 26, 2012

Annie Day Now

You may have noticed a theme this week in my posts.  I'm a bit focused on the matter of being a cohesive unit.  This particular subject is near to my heart because, as I mature, I'm beginning to realize that on my own I am pretty insignificant.  I'm just one piece of a much greater puzzle.  You are a piece as well, and we need to stick together.  As mothers, wives, friends, children of God, we need each other.  God has given us special ties to one another, he has created us to bond.

In the past several years I have come to learn that parenting is meant to be a team sport.  I couldn't do it without my dear sweet husband.  And thankfully, I have come to know many other wonderful mommies who are willing to help me in this parenting process as well.   
The worst part about being a mother is not the sleepless nights or the poopy diapers.  It's the constant fear that tends to weave itself into all your thoughts. What if something horrific happens to them?  What if I mess them up?  What if I lose them forever?  What if...  
This is what I have come to learn about "what if's"...
If  my deepest fear comes to pass, I will be okay.  
I know this because I know Jesus.  I know that I am a part of the body of Christ.  I know that there will be people in my life who will lift me up, hold my hand, and walk beside me.  That's what true community looks like.

Today we have the opportunity to stand alongside one of those wonderful mommies I mentioned earlier.  Her "what if" actually happened.  When her baby, Annie, was seven months old it was discovered that she had a very rare brain condition, a Vein of Galen Malformation.  After surgery to correct the malformation, Annie suffered a stroke and a brain hemorrhage that nearly claimed her little life.  Instead she was left comatose.
Doctors have said that Annie no longer has the
ability to feel/display emotions.  It looks like God
has a remedy for that!   

That was a year ago.  Meet Annie now. --->
It has taken a long time, a lot of work, and countless prayers to bring this sweet smile back to Annie's face.  She still is significantly handicapped and at risk for seizures, stroke, and heart problems.  She is now visually impaired and requires a great deal of care.  Nevertheless, she is making her comeback!

Getting better means getting help.  Unfortunately, the help she needs is costly.  Together we can afford this little one the chance to receive the help she needs.  We can relieve a bit of the financial burden that accompanies medical attention.  We can reach our hands out to her family and walk beside them.  
Why us?  Because we are the body of Christ.  It's what we do!

Today, October 26, 2012, many local business are contributing a portion of their proceeds to help Annie's family cover the cost of her ongoing treatment.  All you have to do is give them a bit of your business...order a sub for lunch, have a taco for supper, catch a flick at the Roxy.  For more information please click here.  You will find a list of participating businesses as well as more information concerning Annie's condition.  

Annie is truly a remarkable little lady.  Obviously she has a pretty remarkable God as well.  Thank you in advance for allowing Him to use you as the hands and feet to deliver help to her today.      

  

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment