Thursday, September 6, 2012

Failure to Communicate

Can you hear me now?

Well, this may be so long…for now.  My connection to the world was destroyed yesterday when a lumber truck yanked the internet cable from our house.  He literally snapped it off both the house and the electrical pole.   So, now I have 40 feet of wire neatly coiled on our front steps waiting for the repair man to reconnect us. 

We are kind of a nerdy family when it comes to technology.  We have all sorts of gadgets and gizmos around our house.   Cell phones, computers, cameras, televisions, an Ipad and Ipod…we got quite an array of fancy devices.  Without that cable most of those devices don’t function properly.  In a sense, that 40 feet of cable is the only thing that unites us to the rest of the planet.  It brings us telephone service, internet, and TV.  It is our main source for entertainment and communication.  Oh, little black cord of wonder, how I miss thee!

It’s funny just how addicted I have become to our technology.  The very moment it was ripped from the wall, I knew it.  My web browser stopped working.  I broke out in a cold sweat, my heart raced.  Not my internet.  Not now in the prime of its life.  Why Lord, why? 

Wait a minute…Lord?  Hey, I remember you.  Yes, it has been a while.  We should sit down and chat…I have some time now if you’re not busy.  Maybe we can reconnect.         
         



No comments:

Post a Comment