Thursday, September 20, 2012

Writing on the Wall

Isaac drew on the dog with a black permanent marker today.  Isn't that just... precious?? Howie didn't seem to care.  We were thinking about having his dog license tattooed on his belly but Isaac kind of beat us to the punch.  Either way, Howie's got new ink.

Whenever I have a Sharpie marker in hand, I too feel an uncontrollable urge to write all over.  I like to scrawl scripture on the walls, though I haven't done it in my own house...yet.  But wouldn't it be cool to have all your favorite bible verses penned throughout the entire house?!  A whole wall treatment of rich biblical truths to inspire you each time you pass.            
Okay, so maybe it's just me.  But I really think that sounds like an awesome idea!

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 says:  
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

See, even God thinks it's a great idea!  He knows that we are forgetful people.  Without his words constantly in front of us and on our tongues, we are inclined to forget just how good he is to us.  We can't remember what he has promised us or what he asks of us.  We lose sight of our primary focus, Jesus.

Now, I've never been very good at memorizing scripture, but then again I've never really tried.  I could write verses on the walls of our home, but more importantly, I need to write them on my heart.  I want the Word of God to be at my very core, inscribed on my DNA.  I'd say that's gonna take a wee bit more than a Sharpie.   

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment