Thursday, August 16, 2012

Superman

Isaac is saving the day, but don't be fooled...
Ava is a hero too.  She calls herself,
 SUPERMARKET!
We have one son, Isaac, who is sandwiched between two sisters.  Needless to say, he has played his fair share of tea party and fairy princess...and he is usually delighted to do so.  But inside this little fellow lurks a small man.  This man reveals himself in loud burping noises at the table.  He tells jokes that always have poo in the punchline.  He has even been sighted peeing on my azaleas.

If you ask Isaac, he is already a superhero.  He has a cape to prove it!  But as a mommy who has to continually tidy the trail of disarray that follows him, I tend to forget just how truly super this mini man really is.  
Just the other day he was singing a favorite worship song, "Blessed be the Name of the Lord".  However, his version was "Recipe the Name of the Lord".  When corrected he looked down at the Highlights magazine in hand and said, "Huh, my bible has it wrong.  That's weird."
Thankfully we have a long line of supermen in our midst for Isaac to follow.  He is fortunate to have a super daddy, who also has a super daddy.  At the age of three he has also been introduced to his super Savior.
I have decided that trying to make this little man be a little less manly will perhaps curb the constant chaos, but it will hardly suffice in the grand scheme.  You see, boys will be boys.  But when it is time for him to be a man, I want him to be a REAL man!

I recently read a great book, Raising a Modern-Day Knight by Robert Lewis, about training boys to be a men of honor.  It's really a book for fathers, but I'm nosy an wanted to see for myself!  It is an excellent source that I'm sure we will be revisiting many times throughout Isaac's journey to manhood.
I would love to read a book like this for our daughters but have yet to find one of great quality.  If you have any suggestions please let me know!    

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation! We will be sure to read it.

    No suggestions on books for daughters, but you can always send Isaac over for some chaotic and messy boy time... You know my two are always up for some messy and manly activities! ;)

    ReplyDelete